We’re pleased to announce that the new 2015-2016 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs are now both officially available online at http://catalog.uncc.edu. Both catalogs were developed using the new software system Acalog (see http://facultygovernance.uncc.edu/acalog-curriculog for details).
Acalog provides for a database-driven catalog, meaning that the content of each page is dynamically created for every user upon each visit. The database is also integrated with Banner, our student information system, and also with the forthcoming Curriculog (Acalog’s sister course and curriculum management software) which allows for seamless transfer of information and one central database for all course and curriculum information.
Some new, exciting, requested features include:
- User-friendly mobile catalogs, available on smartphones and tablets when viewing http://catalog.uncc.edu on any mobile device
- A "My Favorites" feature that allows users (students, advisors, faculty, etc.) to customize and save their most used "pages" of the catalog as an easy reference tool
- Multiple ways to sort lists of academic programs offered (e.g., alphabetically, by college, by department, by type of degree program)
- Pre-sorted lists of undergraduate courses such as all foreign language courses and courses that meet the General Education Writing Intensive (W) or Oral Intensive (O) goals
- Links to course descriptions built into every degree program’s requirements
- Links within each course description to the Schedule of Classes
- Listings within each course description when courses were most recently offered by departments
- Better search capabilities
- Individually formatted printable pages
- Help guides for the new catalog website and the My Favorites feature
The main catalog website URL remains the same at http://catalog.uncc.edu. However, because the new system is database-driven and dynamically creates each webpage for each visitor, the URLs for all subpages have changed, and they will continue to change annually with each new catalog published. We recommend updating any links on your own websites to the main catalog URL at http://catalog.uncc.edu to prevent future broken links.
We hope you enjoy the new features that the catalogs have to offer, and we hope to make improvements going forward based on feedback. You may send your comments to email@example.com.