UNC Charlotte Academic Policy and Procedure: Academic Records and Transcripts

I. Executive Summary

This policy and procedure outlines how active and former students may obtain copies of their transcripts.

II. Policy and Procedure Statement

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for maintaining the official academic records for all students. Upon request by a student through Banner Self-Service, an official transcript of their academic record will be issued to the person or institution designated, provided that all the student’s obligations to the University have been settled satisfactorily. For active students, transcripts can be ordered by logging in to my.charlotte.edu and selecting Banner Self Service. For former students who have been away for more than 12 months, transcripts can be ordered through the University’s transcript provider, Parchment Exchange. A one-time account creation will be required for inactive students.

III. Definitions

  • Academic record – Official transcript.
  • My UNC Charlotte – One-stop shopping for student services via the Web. It combines various systems, user interfaces, and technical solutions already available to the UNC Charlotte community in a single, consistent web-based interface. Students should use My UNC Charlotte at my.charlotte.edu to access web-enabled student services, course information, e-mail, and calendar scheduling.
  • Transcript – A list of all the courses a student has transferred in or taken at UNC Charlotte with the grades that the student earned in each course at UNC Charlotte. A transcript is an exact and complete record of a student’s academic history. The University requires a high school transcript when a student applies for admission.

IV. Policy Contact(s)

V. History

  • March 26, 2015: Revised
  • February 2018: Revised [Electronic transcripts with same day delivery now available]
  • July 7, 2020: Revised [new instructions and transcription service]
  • March 22, 2022: Revised [changed University transcript provider from Credential Solutions to Parchment Exchange]

VI. Related Policies, Procedures, and Resources

VII. Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where is this policy and procedure referenced?
    The policy and procedure is published on the Academic Policies & Procedures webpage of the Provost website and in the Degree Requirements & Academic Policies section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
  • Which students are covered under this policy?
    This policy applies to all undergraduate and graduate students at UNC Charlotte.