The Bonnie E. Cone Early-Career Professorship in Teaching was established in 2006 and is awarded annually to a member of the faculty who has been awarded tenure within the last three years. The appointment is for a three-year term, and the announcement is made to the campus community at the annual Provost's Awards Reception.
The benefits of the appointment will include the inscription of the Professor’s name on a permanent plaque and the award of University resources above that normally given to faculty.
Submit the following:
- A letter from the Department Chair or Dean that documents how the faculty member has demonstrated a commitment to teaching at the beginning of an academic career (Specific examples that should be included in the nomination letter: innovative teaching techniques, curriculum contributions, assessment of student learning, and effective advising and mentoring)
- An updated copy of the faculty member’s Teaching Philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
Note: Please only submit the required materials listed above. Additional materials will not be reviewed by the Awards Committee.
The nomination period is currently closed. Nominations were due January 13, 2023.
- 2022-2025: Dr. Erin Basinger, Communication Studies*
- 2021-2024: Dr. Erik Byker, Reading and Elementary Education*
- 2020-2023: Dr. Jeanette Bennett, Psychological Science*
- 2019-2022: Dr. Janaka Lewis, English
- 2018-2021: Dr. Heather Coffey, Middle, Secondary, and K-12 Education
- 2017-2020: Dr. Jennifer Webb, Psychological Science
- 2016-2019: Dr. Peter Tkacik, Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science
- 2015-2018: Dr. Margaret Quinlan, Communication Studies
- 2014-2017: Dr. Fumie Kato, Languages and Culture Studies
- 2013-2016: Dr. Kent Brintnall, Religious Studies
- 2012-2015: Dr. Larissa Brunner Huber, Public Health Sciences
- 2011-2014: Dr. Bruce Taylor, Reading and Elementary Education
- 2010-2013: Dr. Lyndon Abrams, Counseling
- 2009-2012: Dr. Anabel Aliaga-Buchenau, Languages and Culture Studies
- 2008-2011: Dr. Ryan Kilmer, Psychology
- 2007-2010: Dr. Matthew Davies, Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science
- 2006-2009: Dr. Alan Freitag, Communication Studies
* Indicates current recipient